Life Insurance Is More Affordable Than You Might Think
A recent study*, conducted by LIMRA and the non-profit Life Happens, revealed that nearly 30% of Americans agree that they need more life insurance, yet a staggering 54% said they were unlikely to buy a policy within the next 12-months. Why? Because most people think that life insurance is just too expensive. In fact, 80% of consumers overestimated the price for a term life policy. Unfortunately, they don’t know that life insurance is affordable.
A 2015 Barometer Study*, LIMRA and Life Happens
As shown in this infographic**, most Americans estimate the annual premium for a life insurance policy to be about $400 a year, when in reality, the typical annual premium is closer to $150.
When you break it down, that’s only $12.50 a month.
Considering what many of us gladly spend on coffee drinks every month versus brewing our java at home, the cost of life insurance is a real bargain.
The truth is, there are many factors that can impact how much you’ll pay for life insurance such as:
- Your age
- Your health and family health history
- The amount of coverage you select
- Your policy type (permanent policies typically cost more versus term policies)
- Your lifestyle (tobacco use, driving violations, credit history)
- Your hobbies or occupation
The good news is that there also many factors that can help you control the cost of life insurance such as:
- Buying a policy sooner rather than later (rates are generally lower the younger you are)
- Staying healthy (health issues such as high blood pressure, cholesterol issues, and being overweight can increase rates)
- Being a non-smoker (any type of tobacco use will result in higher premiums)
- Knowing how much coverage you really need (a reputable agent will review your life insurance needs so that you do not buy more than you need)
- Creating an individual life insurance policy with policy riders (policy riders are a cost effective way to enhance your coverage, building a policy that’s unique to your needs)
The Asurea Difference
At Asurea, we don’t want you putting off getting the coverage you need by assuming that you can’t find affordable life insurance. For this reason, we’re firm believers in shopping multiple companies to make sure you find the right policy with the perfect amount of coverage at the right price. In fact, we like to think of ourselves as pioneers in the industry when it comes to how America shops for and buys affordable insurance.
How? Because our Asurea Agents are independent agents. This means they have access to multiple insurance companies. They will find the right plan for you.
Life insurance doesn’t have to be expensive. Consider Asurea for protecting what’s important to you with a policy that fits your budget. We are your Simple Solution to the complicated topic of insurance.
Asurea offers Life Insurance, Mortgage Protection Life Insurance, Medicare Supplement Insurance, Final Expense Insurance, Disability Insurance, Long-term Care Insurance, Retirement Planning products and more. For additional information, click on the ‘Learn more’ button below. Want to have articles just like this delivered to your inbox? Just enter your email address in the box below and click ‘Subscribe.’
This information is provided for general consumer educational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal, tax or investment advice. Dollar amounts are for illustrative purposes, not actual.
Latest posts by Leslie Freeland (see all)
- Protecting Your Yard During Drought - May 24, 2019
- Good Credit Might Equal Lower Insurance Rates - May 19, 2019
- Chronic, Critical & Terminal Illness Riders: What’s the Difference? - May 17, 2019